RTS meets TDRealtime battles with RTS-enriched Tower Defense engines. This is not a casual game, at all.
A grim 4x campaignThe Western Marches are burning, the enemy is at the gate, betrayal is behind every corner. And damn, you also ran out of brandy.
Available on SteamEmpires in Ruins is already on Steam to be wishlisted. It also features online leaderboards, cloud saves and achievements.
The bastard child of 4X and Tower defense, infused with low-brow humor and set in a grim, disillusioned world.
Extended 4X Trailer
Empire In Ruins is a new take at strategy that merges the Tower Defense genre’s detailed, recognizable gameplay with elements of Turn-Based Empire Management, in a hybrid never before seen.
Conquer, build, defend and lead the grumpy Sgt. Hans Heimer in his own personal vendetta against “the system”.
- Plot driven campaign – betrayals, diplomacy and nasty twists
- Turn based strategy – quell the rebellion, kick back the enemy and restore the law.
- Empire management – conquer back the provinces, strengthen your command, chose your best governors and grant your military campaign a steady flow of resources
- Tower defense-based combat – fight your battles in a new, advanced tower defense style that winks at advanced real time strategy
- Arcade play mode. Because… FIGHT!
- Low brow humor, low brow humor everywhere! – Don’t smile, it’s punishable.
Try the latest beta for free!
Technologies to research
Tiers of province assets
Empires in Ruins
Good…bad…I am the guy with the flask of brandy. Wanna know what’s the next very important date to be aware of? Seek no further!