|Platforms:||PC, Mac, SteamIOs|
Battle beta gameplay
4X Gameplay preview
Empire In Ruins presents a new take at strategy by merging the Tower Defense genre’s detailed, recognizable gameplay with elements of Turn-Based Empire Management, in a hybrid never before seen.
Conquer, build, defend and lead the grumpy Sgt. Hans Heimer in his own personal vendetta against “the system”.
- Plot driven campaign – betrayals, diplomacy and nasty twists
- Turn based strategy – quell the rebellion, kick back the enemy and restore the law.
- Empire management – conquer back the provinces, strengthen your command, chose your best governors and grant your military campaign a steady flow of resources
- Tower defense-based combat – fight your battles in a new, advanced tower defense style that winks at advanced real time strategy
- Arcade play mode. Because… FIGHT!
- Low brow humor, low brow humor everywhere! – Don’t smile, it’s punishable.
Story and Settings
In a corrupted little Principality governed by spruced up popinjays, snobby clergymen and power greedy army officers, something just happened. A god forgotten borderland, the Western Marches, just got inflamed with rebellion, cutting every contact with the capital and declaring independence.
And in such a critical moment, who to send in order to quell the rebellion if not a grumpy alcoholic sergeant with discipline problems and bad bad temper?
Why him? And what is the neighboring kingom, the Krovans, plotting to do with the Principality of Koth?
4x and Empire management
Empires in Ruins whole plot-driven campaign of turn based strategy and empire building, is managed in the main map. Through it you will access
the single combat maps (according to the plot flow or in order to defend/replay maps), manage diplomacy and access the single province to improve or check their assets and governors.
- Expand, fortify and expand further taking advantage of the conquered provinces reach and infrastructures.
- Improve the regions’ production, increase the flow of resources to fund your brutal military campaign. Don’t expect much help from above.
- Handle diplomacy – Like a bull in a china shop.
- Assign trusted men to govern the regions. Expect betrayals or hang them before that.
- Manage research – More than 100 technologies to research.
Real time battles
Battles are fought in real time, using a hybrid of Tower Defense and RTS mechanics.
COMBAT MAP FEATURES
- Erect your buildings in real time. Avoid getting your workers killed if they walk the wrong path
- 17 towers with unique feats
- Manage resources in battle
- Combine the special abilities of your towers to obtain even deadlier effects (Ever tried a flaming arrow on an oil covered enemy?)
- Manage multiple resources, production and special buildings
- Deploy Officers to command and enhance your battlefield forces
- Beware of nasty, canny enemies. They will open new unexpected paths, sabotage your towers, blow your production and get through your defenses in surprising ways.
- Ground, air, water, amphibian and secret enemies paths to defend against.
Research and development
Few things make progression in a game as interesting as unlocking new technologies to empower your troops, weapons and economies. Provided your hated engineer chief, Gottfried Megler, with the tools to evolve your ragtag army against all odds.
- 70+ technologies to research
- 30+ unlockables with towers, abilities, buildings and headquarters